Sunday, April 23, 2017

1 month in :)

I am still alive after 1 month! (Well, 1 month in 3 days)

Howdy all!  Had a looooooong week of school this week, but it is sloooowly getting better!  I am talking more at school, in Spanish, so it is getting easier for me.  The people in my class realise that I am slowly improving at my Spanish, so they speak to me more often!  I have a project that is due sometime in June I think, and I am in a group for it, so I talk to the girls in my group :)  I have no idea what I am doing for the project though, as I can't understand the teacher, so it's a good time!  I also have a physics exam on Tuesday, and I don't understand physics in English let alone Spanish, so looking forward to getting that mark back :p


As I have mention, my Spanish is slowly getting better :)  I am able to have conversation at home in Spanish, and I do not speak much English at home anymore!  I help out my host mum with her English, because she wants to get better, but other than that I don't speak much English :)  Everything is still really good at home, I am getting along with everyone really well!  I have practised the guitar more, and I can play 'el patio de mi casa', and I can nearly play 'cumpleaños feliz', so it is a good time!  I have also finally gotten a bus card, so I can fiesta around Vigo!  I have begun helping out in the kitchen, cutting the veggies and stirring the OCTOPUS. Good times. 

My host mum is going to help me with my Spanish, giving me quick lessons on the tenses and a few things that locals say that I wouldn't have learnt at school :) It is hard only talking in the present and past tense, so I am excited to brush up on the tenses again!

Other than that, nada!  Life is pretty good, I am getting fat, going to school, going to the pool, practising guitar, practising Spanish, and getting fat again :p The food, I love it!  I have tried lots of different things, including octopus, shrimp, squid, muscles, granjera (fruit), nata con chocolate (ice cream kind of thing), white asparagus, and others that I have forgotten!

Hope everyone at home is all goods, and enjoying the Easter holidays (if they are still on) and doing what ever else you're doing!!  I have a few random photos that I thought you might enjoy, so here they are :)

At the fruit store, and I saw these MASSIVE watermelons, Vicente said these were the small ones!

This is a baby pineapple, I didn't even know that they sold them!

Had a good time today cooking some octopus, yum yum.

These are from the walk the other week, if you guys can remember it!


Moooore octopus

These are fat baby bananas, which were with the baby pineapple!

Random parts of a pig

The only sign of Vigo that I have seen, pretty snazzy

Chopping up some shroums for the lunch.

Nada más from me, so adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment