Sunday, April 2, 2017

Because exciting things have happened, I have decided to update everyone!

Last night, I went with my host mother to a small concert where my host sister was playing at, and it was very good!  It went for about two or so hours, and it was only three euros!  I didn't understand much of the Spanish songs, and they even sung in Gallego, their native language!  Their English singing was not very good, because they couldn't pronounce some words and got a lot of them wrong!  Even so, it was a great event and there is another one in about three weeks and I can't wait to go!  I have some photos and videos of the event, so here they are!




And today, I got up very late (around 11:30), but I wasn't the only one! Everyone decided to sleep in because we were very tired from the day before!  Around 2 in the afternoon, we went to a festival in the city centre.  The festival was to celebrate the reconquering of Vigo from the French, so there were lots of people dressed in outfits from the past, and people dressed as French soldiers.  Because we went later, we didn't get to see the parade, but I enjoyed it anyway! 
Octopus being cooked at the festival
Some spices that smelled amazing!

Lots and lots of lollies!


Yummy pastries

A random view from near the festival

My host brother, sister and I :)

I realised I didn't explain my school very well, so I will explain it here!  I have quite a few subjects; biology, anatomy, chemistry/physics, English, physical education, English, Gallego, Spanish literature, and maths.  My host mother has asked if I can move to my host sisters school, because it will be easier for me and her, as the school is closer to my house and I won't need a bus pass like the other school!  Also, the school that I go to now isn't bad but I don't think they know what to do with an exchange student!  The teachers think I don't understand Spanish, even though I said I could but I found it hard to speak it, and as the students heard this as well, they don't speak to me very much...
So hopefully I can move!  The other school has had a lot of host students, and the teachers are very nice, so fingers crossed I can go! 

It was also my host mothers dads birthday, so we went over to their house and had a small party.  There were a lot of people there, as they have a big family, and it was very loud and exciting!  I could understand what they were talking about, until they started all talking over each other!! I loved it and hope to have another get together with them soon!

That's all from me, hope everyone at home is ok and having a good time!



No comments:

Post a Comment