Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Holidays part 2 :)

Happy Easter everyone!

A few things have happened since the last update, so yay!  I have photos and stories, so at least this update won't be too boring (I hope).

Primera:  I went to my host families cousins house, and we went on a weeeee walk!  The views were amazing, I could see most of Vigo from where I was!  The cousin also had a dog, so that made the walk even better!

Segundo:  Irlanda, Mario and I went to the beach with some of their friends from a summer camp, and it was pretty nice!  This beach was even better than the last one, and the sand is so fine!  I love it!  I didn't get burned (like I did last time) so that's a bonus. 

Tercero:  If you guys didn't know, my host family has a beach house just a small way out of Vigo, so we went there.  Because it hadn't been used since September, we had to mow the lawns, cut out the weeds from the pot plants, open all the windows, dust, vacuum, the whole lot!  It was going well, as well as working can be, when Maria (my host mum) was mowing the lawn, and she accidently mowed over the power cord for it!  Sadly, we couldn't finish the lawn :( But, because of this, Mario and I decided to play Monopoly.  Now, my family in NZ knows how bad I am at monopoly, but Mario had NO idea how trash I was!  Lets just say, at the end of the game, I owned 1 street (the lightbulb one) and Mario owned everything else, and had hotels on everything!  I'm pretty sure I had less than 1000 euros at the end! 

Also, if anyone has seen my photos on Facebook and Instagram, you might notice that I keep mentioning not having money!  I am not out of dinero, thank goodness, it's a reference to the monopoly game!  Just to clear up the confusion!

Ahora:  Today is Easter! I sorted out an Easter Egg Hunt for my host family, and they really enjoyed it!  Some were a bit easy to find, but I blame it on having to wait till three in the morning to hide them because we needed to finish the Harry Potter Movie!  Mario and I have decided to watch them all (in Spanish) which is a good time :) Before the Easter Egg Hunt, all of the children in Marias family (including those of her sisters) and breakfast with their grandfather, so that was yummy! Aaand then after that, we went to a friends house to have a BBQ, and it was great!  They had plenty of meat, salad, corn, crackers and CAKE!  At Easter, there is a cake called Roscón, and it is so good!  I don't know how to describe it, because I don't think we have anything like it in NZ, but I recommend trying to find one!

SOO that's all that's been going on (I think), and I also found some photos from the shopping trip I went on, so I'll leave those here too!  My Spanish has gotten better (at least I believe it is), and I am able to say a bit more, like asking for things or trying to have a conversation, so I am very happy!  Sadly, school starts back on Tuesday :( I have to do the exams this term as well... I'll just try and pass English to be honest :p

Here are the photos!
At the beach house, before Maria cut the cable :p

A small Roscón, with nuts and the orange strings are actually egg!


(Above) The view from the walk, the black squares are where they grow mussels, and I love them! They taste amazing. 

The beach we went to

Mario happy with his findings of the Easter Egg Hunt

Waiting for the food to cook at the BBQ

The walk made me a bit thirsty, and I had no water so, random dog fountain it is!

Mario and I always seem to be beating each other up...

But in a fun way!

Shopping photo! Lots of bags, even though we only bought about 3 things each :p

On our way to the beach, much style

Irlanda and I found these shoes, and they are actually horrific! I don't know if you can tell, but they are actually furry, like velvet furry! It was soo bad

This is everyone who went on the walk (above has Maria and below has Mario). 



That's all for now! Don't know how exciting this next week will be, with school and all, but we'll see!  I'm signing up to the gym on Monday I think, I have guitar lessons on Tuesdays, and I will be starting up swimming again after the Easter Holiday break :)
Hope everyone had a great Easter back home, and I hope you're not missing me too much! Adios.....


No comments:

Post a Comment