Friday, April 7, 2017

Week 2!

Howdy howdy howdy!  I have decided to do my weekly update today instead of tomorrow, because I'm not doing anything right now!  Not much has actually happened this week, just school, but next week is Easter holidays, and Mario has a football compition on Monday which we are all going to, and I think we may be going out of Vigo somewhere, so the next update will be more exciting!

School has gotten a lot better, A LOT!!  I think everyone was as nervous as I was to talk, but now everyone is talking to me a bit more, and I think my Spanish has improved, but just a little!  School is pretty difficult though, I have no idea what is going on in math, one because it is in Spanish and two because I haven't actually studied algebra before!  I have the same problem in physics, but I find biology fine because the words are very similar and I study it at home!  English is really good, it is my one break class, because I can understand everything perfectly! 

I went to a football match that Mario had, and they won!  My family says that his team is really bad, but they won against one of the best teams!  Irlanda and I were screaming our heads off when Mario's team got the ball, I think we even made a few people deaf!  We were the only supporters for his team, so all the other people there were for the other team, which was awkward!

I finallllly signed up for the swimming pool!  It is right beside school, so when I have Gallego classes, I go to the pool instead!  It is only for around 40 minutes, so not too long, but it is better than nothing!  I am signing up for the gym soon, because my host cousin, Alba, goes there and it is very cheap.  It is only around 25 euros for every month, and there are spin classes, palates, a swimming pool, two saunas, a spa, work out equipment (treadmill, pull up bars, escalator machine) and also weights and mats to do your own stretches/exercises.  There is also a very beautiful park nearby, which I went running in with Alba, and it was very peaceful so I can't wait to go again.

Nothing much else to report, hopefully there will be more exciting things next week!  It feels like I have been here longer than two weeks, as I am getting on so well with the host family and settling into the routine easily! I only have a few random photos, so here they are!
The football game, above and below


Hot dogs in jar at the supermarket!

These are all different tomatoes! They even have yellow and orange!!!

Cheese that you can buy at the supermarket


Yellow plums!

They gave me a grade card at school, even though I had done no tests! What a waste of paper :p

This is my Mario and I attacking each other with the sleeves of our jerseys

I mentioned in the last post that I went to a birthday dinner for my host mums dad, this is the photo from that! It was a great night!

Well, I hope everyone back home is doing alright, heard that it has been raining a lot, so I hope everyone is nice and dry now!  Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment