Sunday, May 14, 2017

rainy days

Rain rain go away and come again another day.

Hola everyone, and you can probably guess that is has been a rainy week for me here in Vigo!  Even though it is Spring time, it was really storming these past few days!  But, even though it has been raining, I have managed to accomplish a few things :)

Firstly;  I bought a Ukulele!! It was pretty cheap, and my instructor says that he is surprised it was how much it was, for how good it is made and stuff.  I can play some nursery rhyme, like 'I'm a little tea pot" and "marry had a little lamb', and I am learning to play 'I'm yours'.

In the last post, I mentioned that I was going to go roller skating, but sadly due to all of the storms, all of the skating rinks were wet so we couldn't :( One day I will go, so keep an eye out for a video!

I have been shopping a few times, and bought presents for people (finally), so that was good!  Sadly I haven't been able to find any post cards!  All they have are baby cards in the stores, not sure why :( So sadly you guys won't find any Spanish post cards anytime soon, but hopefully I'll be able to find some!

School has definitely gotten better, ever since I answered the question in physics, the people around me have realised that I can understand and kinda speak Spanish, so yay!  A girl in my biology class came up to me, and turns out she is a competitive swimmer!  She trains in a place close to my home, and I have been allowed to join :)  I can only go 3-4 times a week, but it is better than going alone!  Everyone in the club is really nice, and they were all asking me questions about NZ and what life was like, so I ended up talking quite a bit.  The training times are very different, usually around 8-10, so I was a bit tired the first time I went!  They also have drag shorts for the girls, which you wear over your normal togs to make training harder, so next time I go I am going to buy a pair!

All day Saturday we were at another roller skating competition, and Irlanda did pretty well!  It was pretty fun to watch, but after 8 ish hours of skating, I was pretty tired!  We went out to have food again, and we had something that tasted like KFC, but more healthy.    And then, today (Sunday),  Mario had a football match!  So we watched that, but his team did pretty bad.... 9-0 to the other team!  Mario played really well though, it was like everyone else were in dream land, the goalkeeper just stood there and watched 2 goals go right past him!

Also today, Mario and I (plus a friend called Iban), went to see guardians of the galaxy 2!  I could actually understand most of it, and I found it pretty funny!  I really enjoyed it, so I recommend you guys to watch it!  I haven't seen the first one, but I could still understand what was going on so that was good.  I bought the over priced popcorn and drink combo, just to really get the full experience of a Spanish Movie Theatre!!

It was also Vicente's birthday (my host dad), so we had a cake (that was so good I could eat it for the rest of my life) and gave him his presents!  He enjoyed them, so that was good! 

So that's all that has been happening this week, but the weather is supposed to be better next week so more things can happen!  Wednesday is a public holiday, so if it is nice weather we can go somewhere or go roller skating, which we are all excited for :)

Well, here are my photos for the week, I don't have many but :)
This is my ukulele, and I honestly love it so much :p

Above and below is a local police car, which I actually quite like.  I like the colours of it, but I haven't seen one actually driving around yet.


When I was walking around shopping, this was randomly in the street! Not sure why, and not sure what they were doing but, here it is.

Remember that physics exam I drew pictures for? These are my picture,  I think they are pretty good.

This is me at the movies today, large popcorn, large Fanta de naranja, so I was pretty happy.

This is a cookie store which I went to earlier in the week, and it is local biscuits from Galicia.  I didn't end up buying any, but they have small boxes that are really cheap, so I think I will be able to bring some back home with me!

This is another police car, and the driver looked at me really confused after I took a photo of him. 
These are all the shells/rocks I have collected so far, and the one on top of the cats head is actually the body (without legs) of a small crab!  There are no guts or anything in it, so it is pretty cool to look at.

Well that is all from me, so I hope that everyone has been enjoying their week back in Christchurch.  Mother's day was today for you guys, so I hope everyone bought presents for their moms and that they had a gooood day!!
Until next time, cool bean out


No comments:

Post a Comment