Sunday, May 7, 2017

El día de la Madre :)

Hoy es el día de la madre aquí en España!!

Translation:  Today is Mothers day here in Spain :)

After speaking with my fam in NZ, I realised that mothers day in NZ is on the second Sunday of May, where here it is on the first!  I gave my mum here a present, and she was very happy with it!  Irlanda and Mario had 'forgotten' to give her a present, so she was a bit angry :p  But then, tonight, they gave her the presents they had saved!

Life has been pretty good here, been eating lots so I'm a bit fat :p  And I have been trying lots of different foods!  This week I have eaten: The stomach lining of the cow, pigs ears, chilis with salt....
All of these were actually really good, I recommend! The pigs ears did have hair on the which was a tad rank, but they tasted like bacon, but meatier, so trrrrry them!

All of the statues here in Spain (there are heaps), are wearing something to do with the Galician football team, because they made the World Championship or European Championship, I can't remember which, and it is the first time! The first match they had was against Madrid, but I'm pretty sure they lost.....

I bought some roller skates!! Finally spending my money :p  I have a photo, and on Friday I am going to go skating with my family, so they will take a video which I will put here!  I recommend watching it, because I will probably be really bad and die.  I am going to buy a Ukelele tomorrow, because I realised that I can't take the guitar back home with me as I would have to pay for another bag, but a Ukelele I can bring with me on the plane and have a good time!  Also, tomorrow I am going with mu cousin Alba to a new store called 'Tiger', and it's meant to have lots of souvenir type things, so presents for everyone I will find!!

Today, we went to a place called Baino, where a statue called 'Virgen de la roca" is.  The story behind this small place is actually quite interesting!  A man called Pinzón came back their voyage  to tell Spain that Christopher Columbus had discovered America, the first place he went to was Baino!  So the statue is of Virgen Mary holding a boat in her right hand, and they have replicas of the boats that Christopher Columbus used to cross the sea to America in the small port.  There is also a castle there, which has been made into a hotel!  In the summer, there is a race of some sort, I think to do with yachts, and the King of Spain competes, and stays in the hotel in the castle!

So yes, I have done things!  I have lots of photos, so I hope you enjoy them :)
One of the statues with the t-shirt of the football team, 'el sireno' (this statue is really weird!)


These are the chillies that I ate, they are really good!  Because it is early in the month, they are not really spicy, but in a few weeks they will be!

Any guesses on what this is?  Hopefully you guessed that the red/pink things are pigs ears :p  They are really ugly, but really nice :)

This is Mario and I (con el gato) with las islas de Cies in the background.

As always, Mario and I are eating, this time waffles with jam (Mario) and with nata (me).

Stopping for a drink as it was really hot today! Around 25!!

This is the small port ish thing, and if you can see the brown boat near the very back, that is one of the replicas.

Having a good time, the gato joins in as well

Lemon smiles

The face of the Virgen Mary statue with me :)

More photos of us, all smiles even though Mario only got 4 hours of sleep :0


Me at the top of the Virgen Mary statue, standing in the boat that She holds in her right hand!  I am still pretty pale :(

Boom Boom Boom

Spanish Train

Can you spot the hidden kiwi?

And to finish off, cows stomach soup!

Hope everyone has had a good week, and I don't need to wish a happy mothers day as that is next week!  I will try and send post cards to you guys, (Georgia and Klaudia, my fam, and Wharenui swim club), so hopefully I can find some post cards as I can't find any!! Adios and hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment