Sunday, May 21, 2017

Only a month to go.....

I have only just realised that I basically only have a month left here in Spain :(

To be honest, I don't want to go!  I am loving it here so much, my family is really fun and nice, and school has actually gotten better (surprisingly), so all is good and well.  Of course I miss everyone back home, but it feels like I have been here forever!

Anyways, I have had a pretty eventful week this week!  I finally managed to make it to Portugal!! On Wednesday we went, and it didn't even take 30 minutes to get there!  We just drove for a bit, crossed a bridge, and the Vicente told me 'we are now in another country' and I was like seriously!!!  Pretty cool, as there was a fair going on, so I bought quite a lot... But everything was very cheap which was amazing :0.  Maria wants to go back on a Saturday, because there is another market but in a different part of Portugal which is a bit further in than where we went (Valenca).  There is also a small town in Valenca, inside a big stone wall!  It is honestly so amazing, and I saw 5 different cats around, so I really want to live there now!  Not many people live inside, but there are a lot of stores with common things of Portugal, and many restaurants as well.

I went skating again yesterday, and I have gotten a bit better! I can't remember if I talked about the lats time I went skating, but I basically died.  I couldn't let go of the bar, and I fell over quite a bit :(  Maria enjoyed filming and taking photos of my failures, but I guess it is pretty funny for them when literally everyone here can skate!  A small girl, probably only 6 or 7 years old, was trying to teach me how to skate!  She couldn't understand why someone as old as me was unable to skate, and I explained to her that I lived in a country very far away and we don't have roller skates like the ones here, and she was so shocked!  She said everyone should know how to skate, it's just like walking!

Maria, Irlanda and I also went shopping this week, and I ended up buying quite a few things, so goodbye dinero!  Maria also found a store where everything is really cheap and nice, it is kinda like Kmart but bigger and better ( I know it seems impossible, but it is true!).

I also had a biology exam, which was a great time.  I understood the questions and everything, and I answered them, but I am not sure if I answered them with the right answers (ya know all the special terms and stuff), so I don't know if I will have scored more than 0, but we can hope!  I have another exam tomorrow sadly, of anatomy! It is also two topics in one exam, both at least 4 pages each of things I need to know, so rip me.  I didn't think I was going to need to do it, but my teacher told me on FRIDAY that I had to do the exam on MONDAY, so I had TWO days to try and prepare for the exam... which is not enough time when it is in a different language and about stuff you haven't learnt in English!!  Pretty sad :(

Side note, while I was in Portugal, I had this MAAAASsibe burger, two patties with everything inside, for only 5 euros!  Much better than Macas, and it came with a drink as well!  I could barley move after eating it, so I think after that I gained about 3 kilos, but oh well!

Now, here are all my photos from this weeeeek/last week for the first skating.
My skaaates

This is at the market in Portugal, there was heaps of food, and you could even buy dogs and cats!


This is my MONSTER burger, it may not look like much but it nearly killed me.

Making some friends in Portugal

Found some cats in the village inside the wall, and I think we are no friends

If you can see the bridge in the background, that is what we crossed to get to Portugal! Spain is on the other side.

This may look weird, but it is in all of the supermarkets! You pick your bread, put it in and the machine cuts it up for you.  I found it pretty amazing.

This is inside the village in the wall


Me dying trying to skate

This makes it easier to understand, inside this wall behind Mario and I is a small town!

My first attempts at skating



Well that is allll for this week, hope everyone is well and not too cold, I heard that it was pretty cold at the moment, something to do with a storm from antárctica, but I am not sure!  Anyways, not long till I see everyone, so I look forward to seeing you all soon :)
Until next week,
CHOOOOOW





No comments:

Post a Comment