Sunday, June 4, 2017

20 days to gooooooo

Howdy yaaaall

Only 20 days left for me here in España! Had an adventure filled week, coming back from England, having a day in Portugal, and fiestaring around Vigo during the weekend! 

England was exactly like you would expect: Rainy.  It rained pretty bad on Monday, so sadly we weren't able to go to many places, but on Tuesday it was a bit better so we went around.  It was pretty hard on Tuesday because Vicente and I went to get all of the car parts, and trying to talk from Spanish to English and then back to Spanish and then AGAIN back to English was horrific.  Especially because the words were very difficult to translate cause they were about cars, and I don't even know about cars in English.....  We went to the 'bullring', if anyone has heard of it!  It was great because there were people handing out a new type of chocolate for free, and coca cola was handing out free 'coke zero' sample cans with vouchers for a free bottle!  And because there were so many of these people, I got heaps of free food and drink, and about 7 vouchers for coke :p  They can only be used in the UK though, so I guess they aren't really that helpful..

In England I also went to the air force museum so that was pretty snazzy. Some of the planes were really huge, which surprised me because they were meant to be the stealthy fighter jets but they were massive :-/.   I also got a photo with a police man which I'll put beloow.

It was a lot easier coming back from England than it was getting in.  I didn't get stopped and asked a billion questions which was nice!  Because we flew from England to Portugal, we spent most of the day in Portugal!  We went to the library that J.K. Rowling based the library in Harry Potter movies on, and it was actually a lot smaller than what I expected.  It was pretty cool, and I bought a comic in Spanish, the first comic in the Tintín series.  So it was pretty cool to have a look around in there.  After that we just walked around Portugal and saw all of the old tiled buildings, and a river that ran through the city. 

And when we came back on Wednesday I decided to take a nap cause I was real tired, around 7pm, and a nap turned into a 15 hour sleep, I woke up at 10 the next morning!  I was so out of it, I didn´t know what day it was or what hour it was, and because I woke up so late I didn´t have to go to school!  I can´t remember what I did on Thursday so I guess it wasn´t too exciting!

I can now skate without a handrail, kinda! I am still pretty bad, but I´m slowly getting better!  I also helped to make a cake, because it was my auntie Erinitas birthday!  It is called ´´la tarta de la abuela¨ or ¨Grandmother´s cake¨ in English.  It is really easy to make, only some biscuits, milk with whiskey, chocolate and a cream ish thingy.  All of us helped to make it so it was pretty decent. 

AAAnd finally today we went to a small party that Mario and Irlanda´s school was holding, and there was soo much food I think I am going to explode!  We were there for quite a while, I think around 7 hours, so that´s all I did today.

Photo tiiime
Above and below two planes from the air force museum


This is the mall we went to in England (inside and outside)


Some old buildings I saw which I thought looked cool, I was in the car though as it was raining so the photos aren´t too clear.


I finally got a photo with a police man! He was really cool, he let me wear his hat and even held lucky cat for a photo!

They have a store like Kmart in England (and Spain) as well called tiger, and these are a few things I found while I was there.

This is the library that the Harry Potter one is based on, it is completly filled with books.


These are some of the tiled buildings in Portugal.


Some other photos from Portugal.




This is a statue in the bullring mall area.

The hotel I stayed in in England.

Us all making the cake

I fell over more than once trying to skate


I can't see which video is which, one is of me skating the other day, and the other is of me eating octopus for the first time cause turns out Maria took a video! So if you don't believe that I ate it, here is proof!

That's all for this week, only have 20 days left so I will be seeing everyone soon!  Hope everyone at home is doing well and enjoying the cold weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment