Sunday, June 18, 2017

Last update of Spain

The last Sunday has finally come!  I feel like I have been here for years, but I also feel like I haven't been here for long enough!  I really do not want to go, but at least I have a few days more!  Now to talk about my week!

I had my Spanish speech on Monday, and I think I did pretty well!  A few words I stumbled over cause I was quite nervous, but at the end everyone clapped and looked like they understood so I am happy!  It was so nerve wracking at the end though, because once I finished, the teacher told the class 'Everyone has to ask a question (in Spanish) about New Zealand (my speech was about NZ).  A few questions were weird, and they had to re-phrase them, but otherwise I did well!

I made Torrijos with Maria, and they were really good!  Torrijos are basically bread dipped in milk (that has sugar), then dipped in egg, then fried.   I also went to a different town, Redondela, where people were making long flower carpets.  It is actually a tradition, they do it every year, and they start at around 12:30am, and the parents draw the outline of the image, and then all of the young children place the flowers and bark in the outlines.  They also use coloured salt with the flowers.

I went to Corujo, the small town where my family has a beach has, and we made a BBQ!  And when I say we, it was only Irlanda, Alba and I (with a little help from Mario), making it!  The parents left it up to us, and it was soo hard to get the fire started! There was a lot of smoke, and I had to borrow some glasses that were really small and I looked soooo bad!  But we cooked everything decently, and it was nice and yummy to eat! I also went surfing with Alba, and it was my first time ever surfing!  It is a lot harder than it looks, but I can nearly stand up!  I was using a small board so when I go again it will (hopefully) be easier to stand up!

I took a small boat with Maria to the Isla Cangas, a small town maybe 30 minutes away from Vigo.  You can drive, but it takes a lot longer!  The town is really beautiful, it has a lot of old buildings, and there are lots of people in the streets, lots of cafeterias and things like that!  If I could pick a town to live in, Cangas would be in my top 5!  Today I went to the beach, and it was so hot! It has been around 30 degrees or 28 degrees here, and I am so close to dying of heat stroke I swear!

I am really going to miss Spain, my friends and family here and everything that I have been doing, like my ukulele lessons, skating, being able to Portugal by car, and just how lovely everything is here! I am definitely going to try and save up so I can come again, because I just love it here so much!

Anyways, here are the photos! If I have any time between my flights on Sunday, I will post the photos of everything I will do this week, but I don't think there will be much time for writing an essay like this!
These are some of the finished flower carpets we saw


With the fam

 
On the boat to Cangas

These are the kids putting the salt and flowers in the outlines

 
There was a small fiesta where the flower carpets were, and we bought some cotton candy!

Eating the cotton candy :o

More flower carpets


They have boxes and boxes of petals to use for the carpets


Surfing with my cousin Alba, sexy wetsuit I know


Doing the BBQ, the smoke was horrible

Us nearly drowning

Me trying to stand up

This was when I could go from lying down to sitting on my knees, it was a big moment for me :p

On the way to Cangas

Chilling in the boat



Having breakfast in Cangas (Above)

Eating the BBQ

More surfing

My attempt at standing

So that is it from me, thanks to everyone that has been reading this and the people that have kept in contact with me while I have been here :)  I will be seeing all of you guys soon, and I am coming with a lot of presents!  I put everything in my suitcase to see if I could actually close it, and I can, and I still have heaps of space! More shopping here I come! 
So goodbye from me, this is the end of my adventure in Spain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment